Avonmore Fair 4-H Open Calf Rally
Premise ID: ON4210771 ROXBOROUGH AGRICULTURAL SOCIETY
Saturday, July 21, 2018 (dairy)
Sunday, July 22, 2018 (beef)
Dairy Classes – 10:00 a.m.
Beef Classes – 12:00 p.m.
Dairy Judge: Kevin Jacobs, Ste.-Brigitte-Des-Saults, QC
Beef Judge: Eric Doran, Tweed, ON
- We ask that all participants register their calves by Sunday July 15, 2018. At that time, if numbers do not warrant either show proceeding, the organizing committee will review their options and all participants will be notified of any show cancellation.
- Members 9 years and older, as of January 1, 2018, will be eligible to participate. Proof of age will be required upon request.
- There will be an admission fee to enter the Fairgrounds.
- Exhibitors are asked to provide their own bedding. If necessary, bedding will be provided for a fee. Please contact Jill Robinson at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Each exhibitor must show his/her own 4-H project.
- Each dairy exhibitor must be dressed in plain white and wear work boots. The traditional 4-H logo is allowed, all other logs will need to be covered with tape before entering the ring. 8. Each beef exhibitor must be dressed in black pants & white shirt and wear work books.
- Each participant must have a parent release form, releasing the Roxborough Agricultural Society from all responsibilities for the participant’s actions.
- All cattle coming to the show must have proper ID according to the 4-H project information sheet. Calf registration papers may be requested upon registration the day of the show.
- All general rules of the Society which are applicable will apply. Anyone failing to comply with these rules will be asked to leave the grounds and will be banned from participation in the 2018 show.
- Alcohol will not be allowed. Violators will be disqualified.
- Only active and current 4-H members shall be allowed to assist in the preparation of livestock at the Avonmore Fair 4-H Open Calf Rally
- All Livestock participating at the Calf Rally should show No evidence of a contagious disease. (e.g. Ringworm)
In both the Beef and Dairy Division classes with fewer than 3 entries, classes will be combined.
Show Harnesses will be used for Dairy Classes.
Age of 4-H Dairy Calves
Junior Calf Mar 1, 2018 – younger
Intermediate Calf Dec 1, 2017 – Feb 28, 2018
Senior Calf Sept 1, 2017 – Nov 30, 2017
Summer Yearling June 1, 2017 – Aug 31, 2017
Junior Yearling Mar 1, 2017 – May 31, 2017
Age of 4-H Beef Calves
Calf Jan 1, 2018 – May 31, 2018
Junior Yearling March 1, 2017 – Dec 31, 2017
Senior Yearling Jan 1, 2017 – Feb. 29, 2017
Beef Steer Class
CLASS 1 (Dairy) & CLASS 32 (Beef)
Novice Showmanship – 4-H club member age 9 to 11 as of Jan 1, 2018
CLASS 2 (Dairy) & CLASS 33 (Beef)
Junior Showmanship – 4-H club member, age 12 – 14 as of Jan 1, 2018
CLASS 3 (Dairy) & CLASS 34 (Beef)
Intermediate Showmanship – 4-H club member age 15 – 17 as of Jan 1, 2018
CLASS 4 (Dairy) & CLASS 35 (Beef)
Senior Showmanship – 4-H club member age 18 – 21 as of Jan 1, 2018
Showmanship Prize Money
$35, $30, $25, $20 and $10 for the next six entries
Confirmation Prize Money
$25 for each worthy entry
. Tie Stall Competition – Sponsored by: Stanlee Farms Inc., Avonmore, ON & Lawrence’s Dairy Supply Inc., Moose Creek, ON
Your section of the stable must be kept neat and clean. All participants must be polite towards visitors and other competitors at all times. This section of the competition will be judged between 9:00 am and 2:00 pm Saturday and 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. on Sunday. We invite each club to decorate their section of the barn. Themes within agriculture are encouraged. Open to all Dairy and Beef Calf Clubs.
Children’s Special: Showmanship only
Please Register by 11:00 am
Boys and girls who have not reached their 9th birthday as of January 1, 2018, are invited to compete in this showmanship class. Regular 4-H calves will be allowed or participants may bring a calf from home. Children are eligible to participate on the Saturday in a dairy class and Sunday in a beef class. $10 will be awarded to every worthy participant, courtesy of Finch and District Lions Club. It is not mandatory for dairy showman to wear whites for this class.
- Novice Dairy Showmanship
- Junior Dairy Showmanship
- Intermediate Dairy Showmanship
- Senior Dairy Showmanship
- Grand Champion and Reserve Grand Champion Dairy Showman
(1st and 2nd prize winners in sections 1, 2, 3 and 4)
- Junior Holstein Calf
- Junior Ayrshire Calf
- Junior Jersey Calf
- Junior Brown Swiss Calf
- Intermediate Holstein Calf
- Intermediate Ayrshire Calf
- Intermediate Jersey Calf
- Intermediate Brown Swiss Calf
- Senior Holstein Calf
- Senior Ayrshire Calf
- Senior Jersey Calf
- Senior Brown Swiss Calf
- Summer Yearling Holstein
- Summer Yearling Ayrshire
- Summer Yearling Jersey
- Summer Yearling Brown Swiss
- Junior Yearling Holstein
- Junior Yearling Ayrshire
- Junior Yearling Jersey
- Junior Yearling Brown Swiss
- Grand Champion and Reserve Grand Champion, Holstein Calf (1st and 2nd prize winners in Sections 6, 10, 14, 18 and 22)
- Grand Champion and Reserve Grand Champion, Ayrshire Calf
(1st and 2nd prize winners in Sections 7, 11, 15, 19 and 23)
- Grand Champion and Reserve Grand Champion, Jersey Calf
(1st and 2nd prize winners in Sections 8, 12, 16, 20 and 24)
- Grand Champion and Reserve Grand Champion, Brown Swiss
(1st and 2nd prize winners in Sections 9, 13, 17, 21 and 25)
- Interbreed Champion Dairy Calf (1st and 2nd prize winners of Classes 26, 27, 28 and 29)
- Group of three Dairy Calves, one entry per club/county. (Ribbon Class)
- Novice Beef Showmanship
- Junior Beef Showmanship
- Intermediate Beef Showmanship
- Senior Beef Showmanship
- Grand Champion and Reserve Grand Champion, Beef Showman
(1st and 2nd prize winners in Sections 32, 33, 34 and 35). 37. Beef Calf
- Beef Junior Yearling
- Beef Senior Yearling
- Beef Steer Class
- Grand Champion and Reserve Grand Champion, Beef Calf
(1st and 2nd prize winners in Sections 37, 38 and 39).
Grenville Mutual Insurance, Kemptville, ON
Showmanship & Confirmation Sponsors:
BMO – Finch Branch
Beef Farmers of Stormont
Patterson Hadden & Brown, Kemptville, ON
Roxborough Agricultural Society
Stormont 4-H Association
Stormont Federation of Agriculture
Stormont Holstein Club
TD Canada Trust, Chesterville, ON
Grand Champion Holstein Calf. Courtesy of Stormont Holstein Club.
Reserve Grand Champion Holstein Calf. Courtesy of Glenn McKay, Monkland, ON
Grand Champion Ayrshire Calf. Courtesy of Ian Dingwall, Cornwall, ON
Reserve Grand Champion Ayrshire Calf. Courtesy of Stormont Dundas & Grenville Ayrshire Club.
Grand Champion Jersey Calf. Courtesy of Payneside Farms Inc., Finch, ON
Reserve Grand Champion Jersey Calf. Courtesy of Avonmore Veterinary Clinic.
Grand Champion Brown Swiss Calf. Courtesy of Roxborough Agricultural Society
Reserve Grand Champion Brown Swiss Calf. Courtesy of Roxborough Agricultural Society
Grand Champion Dairy Showman. Courtesy of Jamieson Campbell (1989) Ltd., Monkland, ON
Reserve Grand Champion Dairy Showman. Courtesy of Avonmore Veterinary Clinic, Avonmore, ON
Grand Champion Beef Calf. Courtesy of Sue and Bill Murphy, Avonmore, ON
Reserve Grand Champion Beef Calf. Courtesy of Sue and Bill Murphy, Avonmore, ON
Grand Champion Beef Showman. Courtesy of Greg’s Quality Meats, Winchester
Reserve Grand Champion Beef Showman. Courtesy of Sue and Bill Murphy, Avonmore, ON
Provided the Avonmore 4-H Calf Rally has a minimum of 75 dairy participants, winners will be eligible to enter the All-Ontario Dairy 4-H Awards Classes
Premise ID: ON4210771 ROXBOROUGH AGRICULTURAL SOCIETY